People always ask me if being vegan is hard, to which I respond “No, not at all.” But I’m not going to lie, when it comes to brownies, GOOD vegan brownies are hard to come by. Healthy AND good vegan brownies are even harder to come by. I like my brownies to be soft and fudge like. So that is what I aimed for with this recipe. I was not disappointed with how these turned out and neither were everyone else who tried them. So let’s get baking!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 tbs + 1 1/2 tsp ground flax seed
3 tbs warm water
2 scoops (about 1/2 cup) Vega Chocolate Protein Powder
2 tbs arrowroot starch
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare a 9 x 5 pan with a layer of parchment paper. Leave some extra parchment hanging on the sides to lift the brownies out after they cook.
- Begin by wishing the flax seed and warm water in a medium size bowl. Begin to add the rest of the ingredients except the almond butter and coconut flakes. The batter will begin to get very thick almost like cookie dough.
- After all the prior ingredients are mixed well, add the almond butter. Mix the almond butter until it is even within the batter. The batter will still be thick.
- After the almond butter is mixed in evenly add the coconut flakes and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the baking pan. It will be thick and need to be molded to the pan. You can use an extra piece of parchment paper to push the batter down (starting from the middle) to mold it to the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The brownies will be ready when the sides start to become firm. They will look under cooked.
- Allow them to cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.