Smoothies are definitely something I missed at the beginning of my travels when I didn’t have a blender. Soo, I picked up a little blender in Sydney for $15AUS! It is very convenient because it is just a water battle that you put the blade on and attach to the small base. It can be hard keeping fresh fruits and veggies throughout your travels but this recipe will help you be able to use them! You can buy canned fruits if needed and substitute when needed.
- beetroot (in Australia I found ready to eat beets packaged but you can use canned beets as well)
- 1 banana
- at least 1/2 apple
- at least 1/2 pear
- Cacao (easy to travel with because it doesn’t need to be refrigerated)
- Chia seeds (no need to refrigerate either)
- Pineapple (canned)
- Super Greens Powder (greens can be the hardest to travel with so keep this on hand for when you haven’t been able to get your greens in)
- Maple Syrup (or honey)
- Nut milk or water (when I buy almond milk I use it within a day or two so I don’t have to travel with it but water works well too)
Depending on what ingredients you’re using you will have to play around to get the right balance of each so have fun with it! Start with a little and add more. Just combine everything in the blender and blend!
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.