Everything bagels have always been a favorite of mine and I would snack on them everyday if I could, so it was only natural for me to find a way to make that happen. I wanted a gluten-free alternative so I came up with these baked everything yucca fries and they are delicious!
The 411 on Yucca. Yucca, also known as cassava, is a root vegetable. It is high in Vitamin C and antioxidants helping to boost your immune system. It is also known to help regulate blood sugar.
Yucca root can be sourced from Stop n’ Shop in most areas. When buying yucca root, choose one without any bruising. When cut open the yucca should be white. If there is any brown or black coloring throughout the yucca has gone bad. Small spots can be cut out.
1 large yucca root
1 1/2 tbs coconut oil
1/2 tsp Popeyes seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1/2 cup Veganiase
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven the 425. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Peel the yucca root making sure to cut out any bad spots. Cut the yucca root into strips (the size of fries).
3. Combine coconut oil and spices in a large bowl. Add the cut up yucca and toss making sure to coat all pieces with the spices.
4. Spread out evenly on baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes and then turn fries over and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. To make the mustard mayo, simply mix Veganaise and mustard together.
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.